Susan Schofield – Executive Officer
Northeast Louisiana Apartment Association
West Monroe, LA 71294
CODE OF ETHICS
NORTHEAST LOUISIANA APARTMENT ASSOCIATION
We, the members of the Northeast Louisiana Apartment Association, recognizing our duty to the public and the intimate nature of the relationship between the apartment resident and the owner, or manager, and being aware of the vastly increasing role of the apartment industry in providing the home of the future, and in order to provide the apartment-residing public with the maximum in quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty and integrity, do hereby bind ourselves, with the adoption of this Code of Ethics, with each and every member, together and alone, agreeing that, so long as we remain members of the Northeast Louisiana Apartment Association, and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
- Promote, employ and maintain a high standard of integrity in the establishment of rental rates and the performance of all other rental obligations and services in the operation of our apartment communities;
- Maintain and operate our apartment communities in accordance with fair and honorable standards of competitions, ever mindful of the purposes of the Northeast Louisiana Apartment Association in compliance with the by-laws thereof;
- Strive continually to promote the education and fraternity of the membership and to promote the progress and dignity of the apartment industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served;
- Seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living;
- Establish high ethical standards of conduct with apartment rental agents, suppliers, and others doing business with the apartment industry;
- Endeavor to expose all schemes to mislead or defraud the apartment residing public and to aid in the exposure of those responsible;
- Refrain from attempting to obtain apartment residents through advertising or otherwise, by deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statements, misrepresentations or the use of implications, unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
The powers to interpret, administer and enforce the provisions hereof shall be vested in a committee composed of eight members who shall be appointed annually by the Board of Directors, with the power of suspension or expulsion, after hearing, of any member found violating same, or the spirit hereof.