We the members of the Northeast Louisiana Apartment Association, support the spirit and intent of all local, state and federal fair housing laws for all residents without regard to color, race, religion, sex, marital status, mental or physical disability, age, familial status, sexual orientation or national origin.
We believe that equal opportunity can best be accomplished through effective leadership, education, and the mutual cooperation of owners, managers, and the public. Therefore, as members of the Northeast Louisiana Apartment Association, we agree to abide by allowing provisions of this Code for Equal Housing Opportunity.
- We agree that in the rental, lease, sale, purchase, or exchange of real property, owners and their employees have the responsibility to offer housing accommodations to all persons on an equal basis.
- We agree to set and implement fair and reasonable rental housing rules and guidelines, and will provide equal and consistent services throughout our residents’ tenancy.
- We agree that we have no right or responsibility to volunteer information regarding the social creed, or ethnic composition of any neighborhood, and we do not engage in any behavior or action that would result in steering.
- We agree not to print, display, or articulate any statements or advertisement that includes any preference, limitations, or discrimination in the rental or sale of housing.
FAIRHOUSING AND TENANT/LANDLORD LAW
Staying Proactive and anticipating possible scenarios can alleviate fallout. Challenges can occur and often they involve your residents. Property owners and managers need to know and understand how to navigate Fair Housing issues. Relevant federal guidance, answers to frequent questions, emotional support animals, laws and legislation and resources.
What’s new with NLAA
Welcome New Members:
HODGE ROOFING, LLC
M & T Property Management – Ashford Place, Union Village, Farmerville North, North Oaks, Verona Estates, Rayville West, Richland East, Heritage Place, West Villa, Lakeshore Family Homes
GET ON BOARD WITH PROGRAMS AVAILABLE TO YOU AS A MEMBER
- Click and Lease Program
- NAA programs
- NAAEI programs
- Online professional development
- NAA meetings and conferences
- Membership networking
- NAA research, NAAPAC, and Grassroots lobbying tools
- Units Magazine- One of the most read magazine in the apartment housing industry.
Becoming a member of the local apartment association opens you up to not only local benefits but the most comprehensive resources on a national level. You will have access to education and communication sources, NAA government affairs, affiliate support, and so much more.